Cloud Software Engineer
We're looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer with a strong background in Python and Java, and expertise in cloud technologies, particularly Azure and AWS. Join our team and help us scale our products to serve millions of users, leveraging cutting-edge technology stacks and processing terabytes of data, all while ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
At Atta, we focus on creating impact with technology. We make sure that people in our team do meaningful work, together with smart, knowledgeable technologists: engineers, designers, managers. We help big organisations (UNICEF, World Bank, E&Y, Carrefour, UI Path) and funded startups (Medicai, BoldHealth) to develop the right software products for their audiences.
“I like the schedule flexibility, the monthly benefits, and the office location. Colleagues are nice and friendly. The management is always striving to improve the workflow and employee satisfaction. The town hall meetings are necessary and relevant.” - Software Engineer @ Atta Systems
1. PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Compensation and Rewards:
- Our salaries are competitive and we reward performance.
- 2nd Year Anniversary: Go anywhere in Europe, with airplane tickets on us!
- Flexibility and Work-Life Balance:
- Flexible work schedule: Set your own hours and choose to work from home if desired
- Great office and lifestyle location: Our spacious office is located in downtown Bucharest, near Universitatii Square, surrounded by hip bars and restaurants
- Professional Growth:
- An environment where you are encouraged to take ownership of your work
- Tools and support for continuous skill improvement
- Purposeful, meaningful work
- Management, mentoring, and coaching to accelerate your career growth
- Regular 1:1 meetings focused on growth and career goals
- Benefits Package:
- Flexible benefits: Choose from options like premium health insurance, private insurance, gym memberships, travel, public transportation, and more
- Hardware: Receive a performant laptop (Macbook/Thinkpad) and monitor, along with an ergonomic workspace featuring a great chair, spacious desk, and privacy
- Learning Opportunities:
- @Atta, you are encouraged to read: Request books on Technology, UI/UX, Leadership & Management, HR, Lifestyle & Traveling, and we'll order them on Amazon
2. Your RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, and maintain cloud infrastructure for our applications
- Implement cloud-native solutions using Python, Java, and relevant scripting languages
- Work closely with the development team to optimize applications for the cloud
- Ensure the performance, reliability, and security of cloud environments, particularly Azure and AWS
- Troubleshoot and resolve cloud-related issues
- Collaborate with the team in 2-week sprints using Scrum and JIRA
- Participate in regular code reviews and contribute to architectural decisions
- Write clear documentation and specifications for implemented features
- Communicate efficiently, both in writing (JIRA/Slack/email) and in person
- Able to make technical decisions and motivate the decision with factual data.
- Oriented on getting things done.
3. We are interested in discovering the following QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for software product development. At Atta Systems, we are not only writing code, we create software products that resolve real-life problems of real people.
- Continuous learning mindset: We value individuals who strive to develop their technical and non-technical competencies constantly
- A genuine interest in communicating well and helping others. A goal can be reached fast, but to get far, we must do it as a team. Our mission is to reach great heights together.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
4. We are looking for the TECHNICAL SKILLS
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in cloud engineering, with a focus on Azure and AWS
- Proficiency in Python and Java programming languages
- Solid understanding of cloud architecture, services, and best practices
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting
- Familiarity with containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of GIT workflows, pipelines, and CI/CD practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with SQL/Postgres/noSQL databases and related technologies (Hibernate/ORM/JPA) is a plus
5. NEXT STEPS
- Apply and add your CV.
- A short (5-10 min) online written interview
- An introductory 15-minute Zoom call
- At home coding assignment: solve a technical problem.
- Interview @ Atta Systems; we discuss technical skills, communication skills, alignment with our culture, financial expectations.
- We make an offer you can't refuse!
- Once you accept it, congrats!
- Welcome to THE TEAM!