Backend Engineer (2-4yrs Experience, Java, Spring Framework)
We're looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, with Java and Spring Framework background and 2-4 years of relevant experience. Join our team and let's take our products to the next level to serve millions of users, building on top of cutting edge technology stacks, regularly processing TB of data, all while keeping everything running smoothly for the 99 percentile.
At Atta, we focus on creating impact with technology. We make sure that people in our team do meaningful work, together with smart, knowledgeable technologists: engineers, designers, managers. We help big organisations (UNICEF, World Bank, E&Y, Carrefour, UI Path) and funded startups (Medicai, BoldHealth) to develop the right software products for their audiences.
“I like the schedule flexibility, the monthly benefits, and the office location. Colleagues are nice and friendly. The management is always striving to improve the workflow and employee satisfaction. The town hall meetings are necessary and relevant.” - Software Engineer @ Atta Systems
1. PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Compensation - Our salaries are competitive and we reward performance.
- 2nd Year Anniversary - Go anywhere you want in Europe. Airplane tickets are on us!
- Flexible work schedule - Early bird? Come to the office early. Night owl? Come to the office late. You make your own schedule. You can also work from home if you want.
- Great Office & Lifestyle Location - Our well lit, spacious office is located in downtown Bucharest, 5 minutes walk from Universitatii Square, right in the centre of the creative neighbourhood. We are really close to most of the hippest bars and restaurants.
- Thrive professionally:
- An environment where you are encouraged to take ownership of your own work
- The framework and the tools to improve your skills continuously
- Purposeful, meaningful work
- Your career matters to us - We take management, mentoring and coaching seriously. We help you accelerate your professional career growth. Your manager’s main job is to guide you to grow and succeed. We do 1:1’s every 3 weeks and career plan meetings focused on growth and career goals.
- Flexible benefits package - You can choose premium health insurance, private insurance, gym membership, travel, public transportation and many more.
- Hardware - When you join us, we provide you with all the gear you need: performant laptop (Macbook / Thinkpad) and monitors. Our meeting spaces are designed to make collaboration fast and easy: whiteboards, big screen TV's to share your screen and work. We also make sure you have an ergonomic workspace: great chair, spacious desk and privacy.
- @Atta You are encouraged to read - You name it, we order it on Amazon. We already have a library with books about Technology, UI/UX, Leadership & Management, HR, Lifestyle & Traveling.
2. Your RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on medium features (eg: authentication module).
- Comfortable working in 2 weeks sprints using scrum and JIRA.
- Do regular code reviews.
- Can create architecture for medium features (eg: authentication module, payment module).
- Can break medium features into manageable tasks.
- Comfortable on estimating small and medium tasks.
- Can write specifications and document features.
- Efficient in communicating both in writing (JIRA/Slack/email) and in person.
- Able to make technical decisions and motivate the decision with factual data.
- Oriented on getting things done.
- Able to ask questions to clarify the requirements.
3. We are interested in discovering the following QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for software products development. At Atta Systems we are not only writing code, we create software products that resolve real life problems of real people.
- Constant desire to develop technical and non-technical competencies. Some call it continuous learning.
- A genuine interest to communicate well and help others. A goal can be reached fast, but in order to get far we must do it as a team. Our mission is to reach great heights, together.
- Under/graduate of Computer Science or similar.
4. We are looking for the TECHNICAL SKILLS
- 2-3 years relevant Java and Spring Framework experience.
- Relevant experience in working with databases: SQL/Postgres/noSQL, Hibernate/ORM/JPA.
- Solid knowledge of OOP; a good understanding of its concept and applicability.
- Experience in working with Design Patterns.
- Debugging and code optimization abilities.
- Experience in Web services, especially RESTful.
- Understands and can explain how the application runs on the server, how it interacts with other services, etc
- GIT workflows, pipelines, CI/CD.
- Nice to have - Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
5. NEXT STEPS
- Apply and add your CV.
- A short (5-10 min) online written interview
- An introductory 15-minute Zoom call
- At home coding assignment: solve a technical problem.
- Interview @ Atta Systems; we discuss technical skills, communication skills, alignment with our culture, financial expectations.
- We make an offer you can't refuse!
- Once you accept it, congrats!
- Welcome to THE TEAM!